I am worried that I am falling prey to the influence of a hideous stomach flu that seems to come and go every so often. I understand the dangers of the flu season, and with some of the precautions I at times take to avoid it, catching a bug like I did three days ago was certainly a first for me.
Have you ever read about the ‘healing’ chicken noodle soup recipe that people talk about? neither have I. But this soup was extremely comforting that I grabbed my laptop to blog the recipe before I forget my steps and all the ingredients I used. Given that recovery and food are sort of a nuisance after the stomach flu, this soup really helped me feel better.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Serving size: about 6
- Chicken breast cut and cubed, seasoned (4 oz)
- 2 loaded tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbs oil
- 5 cups of water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 chicken bouillon cubes (depends on size)
- 1/2 cup pasta
- 1/3 cup rice
- fresh herbs, optional
- On medium heat and in a stockpot or stainless steel cookware, put oil and ginger, then add seasoned chicken breast and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add the chopped vegetables and stir for another 10 minutes, covered. Add optional fresh herbs.
- Increase heat and add the water.
- When water reaches a boil, add the chicken bouillon cubes.
- Add the pasta and rice.
- Let the soup boil for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until rice and pasta is cooked.