Happy Canada Day!
I want to share this no-bake, low-fat cheesecake recipe that I blogged on here before, but instead today, I made it in a jar! This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make; it’s delicious, versatile to other flavour profiles, and friends and family instantly love it (I bet kids will, too!).
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake in a Jar
Total time: 10 minutes (30 min chill time)
Serving size: 4 (jars)
- 1 non-fat or light cream cheese package
- 1 cup of low-fat vanilla flavoured yogurt
- 4 packets of Splenda (optional; 2 tsp of honey can be alternative)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 packet of dry cool whip
- 1/4 cup dry Strawberry Jello packet (not set)
- Store-bought graham cracker cheesecake base (or you can crumble up your own kind of graham crackers with 1 teaspoon of reduced fat butter or margarine, and you’ve got your base).
- In a blender, pour all ingredients in. Blend for about 6 minutes, until cream is thick and resembles a greek yogurt texture.
- Add dry strawberry jello in. Mix for 1-2 minutes.
To ensemble jars:
- Add graham crackers to the bottom of the jar. I chilled my jars before I added the cream cheese mixture because I wanted a steady texture to the graham. However, you can skip this step.
- Pour cream cheese mix into the jars; equal parts.
- Top with low-fat whipping cream.
- Chill jars for about 30 minutes.