Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings, now for [September] eves!
– Humbert Wolfe
Fluffy & Delicious Pancake Recipe
Total time: 10 minutes (for a healthier option, check ‘Lessons Learned’ under)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg (or egg whites; works just as well)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Mix all dry ingredients together and create a well in the middle.
- Mix milk, egg, and butter together.
- Pour mixture into the ‘well’ in the dry ingredients.
- The mixture will be slightly thick, but still runny. You can adjust the thickness by adding water (if it is too thick).
- Cook in a lightly greased skillet on medium heat until they come out golden.
Lessons Learned: I have tried numerous pancake recipes before, and even blogged a couple, but this one is truly ‘fluffy’. I am not sure what makes it so fluffy, perhaps the combination of everything (:P) but I love that it is a simple, yet delicious recipe. I altered the recipe for a healthier option (still good, promise)- I don’t mess with pancakes!
For a healthier version (makes what you see in the picture, 3 medium-sized pancakes)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup egg white
- 1 tablespoon of ‘It tastes like butter, butter’
- 3 Stevia sugar packets
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
Process is the same.