I have been determined to drop those last (very stubborn) 15 pounds. So, I have been sticking to a very serious workout regime (cardio, HIIT training, weights, and..my favourite yet, boxing). For someone who loves to workout, sticking to a regime wasn’t such a challenge. But, doing it six times a week is! What I did notice, however, is that your body CAN do it. Without any excessive preaching, I never thought that my body was capable of being pushed this far, surviving it, and wanting to do it all over again the next day.
And, also, buying a boxing stand that you can easily place in your room, paired with some boxing gloves, is …seriously…worth it. It also makes working out so much more challenging, engaging, and fun. I highly recommend it!
Anyway, with that (some-what necessary) introduction, I came here to blog about my post-workout salad. Some salads are needless to blog about, but clearly this is not one of those salads. It.was.delicious.
Asian- Inspired Salad Recipe
Recipe taken from: http://www.willcookforfriends.com/2015/08/asian-sesame-cucumber-salad.html
Total Time: 15 min
Ingredients (specially what I put in it- might differ a little from actual recipe)
- 2 seedless or hothouse cucumbers, grated
- Cooked noodles (any kind you prefer)
- Shredded carrots
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice (about half a lime)
- 2-3 TBSP honey, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- ½-1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 scallion, sliced
- Cook the noodles and toast the sesame seeds.
- While noodles and sesame seeds are cooking, mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Add the noodles and sesame seeds to the mix. Toss. Enjoy!
Lessons Learned: I bought a bag of shredded carrots that made this so much more easier than if I had to do it by hand. Instead of the ‘noodle-like’ cucumber, and since I did not have a spiralizer, I decided to add a bit of (real) noodles for some carbs. It was a great idea. I also omitted the sesame oil (as it is extremely high in fat, and calories).