THIS CHEESECAKE RECIPE WAS HEAVENLY. I am so extremely excited that I have found a super delicious non-fat cheesecake recipe. I LOVE that this recipe was super easy to make, and was gone (entire plate empty) within a few hours. A FEW HOURS. Insanely good.
Time to make: 10 minutes, then 30-40 minutes to chill in the fridge
- 1 package of non-fat or light cream cheese. I used the 95% nonfat type.
- 1 cup of non-fat vanilla flavoured yogurt
- 4 packets of Splenda (optional; depends on how sweet you would like it- with 4, it turned out perfect)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice (I used a fresh one)
- 1 packet of dry cool whip (optional)
- Store-bought graham cracker cheesecake base (or you can crumble up your own kind of graham crackers with 1 teaspoon of reduced fat butter or margarine, and you’ve got your base).
Mix all 5 ingredients at top in a mixer until thick. It took me about 6 minutes until the cream came together and became thick like greek yogurt (or even thicker). It took a little bit more time because I added the cool whip dry package which needs to form a light foamy texture.
After that’s ready, pour it into your graham base and chill for about 30-40 minutes before serving it. Enjoy 🙂 Delicious!!!
Lessons Learned: I adapted this recipe from two other recipes online. However, I used about 90% of fat free ingredients into this recipe, which by the way, makes me feel so proud of this recipe because it was to die for. I would have liked to make my own graham cracker base, but next time I will. I used Splenda to sweeten it, instead of ‘honey’, which one of the recipe called for- to be more healthy. I didn’t have cherry pie filling or I would have added some on top. However, I am not a fan of the topping so much.